Since 2018, the EERA Joint Programme on Smart Cities has promoted and published the most promising papers on tools, technologies, and system integration for Smart Cities and Positive Energy Districts, thus, positioning the EERA Joint Programme on Smart Cities as one of the strongest voices in this research area in Europe, capable of highlighting different points of view and solutions.
The Horizon Europe thanks to Partnerships (DUT&CET), Mission Climate Neutral and Smart Cities and New European Bauhaus, sets ambitious targets.
According to this, our ambition for the coming 5th Special Issue is to collect and publish papers, review articles, technical notes, and letters on the following topics related to urban dimension:
- Positive Energy District – with a focus on (a) innovative solutions for the planning, large-scale implementation and replication of PEDs, (b) integrative approach including technology, spatial, regulatory, legal, financial, environmental, social and economic perspectives, (c) quality of life in cities.
- 15th minutes cities with a focus on (a) integrated planning approach (b) urban mobility system, (c) city planning and design of public space (d) logistics and production.
- Circular Urban Economies – with a focus on (a) regenerative urbanism at different spatial scales to support cities and urban areas to increase their circularity, (b)restore natural capital and increase the use of multi-functional greening to address climate change mitigation and adaptation, (c) support community and planetary resilience, including climate action, ecosystem robustness, liveability, inclusion, equality, public health and well-being.
- Urban systemic transformation towards climate neutrality – with a focus on (a) model for the transformation of cities to innovation hubs, (b) new forms of participative and innovative city governance, (c) economic and funding/financing model for climate action, (d) ‘integrated urban planning’ model, (e) smart systems and data platforms
- Green and digital challenges to transform urban lives for the better with a focus on (a) model for the transformation of cities to innovation hubs, (b) new forms of participative and innovative city governance, (c) economic and funding/financing model for climate action, (d) ‘integrated urban planning’ model.
Dr. Paola Clerici Maestosi
Manuscript Submission Information can be found here.
EERA JPSC will fund 10 papers from author/s involved in EERA JPSC. First 10 EERA JPSC papers which will have a positive evaluation by Energies reviewer will be published without fee payment due by author/s. Papers exceding limit of 10 will be published in 6th special issue.